Question about BDO

Moderators: BDO Moderators

• Post Details
    Author

Question about BDO

Postby Paramon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:28 pm

Greetings,

Long time lurker...joined Lux in 2006..but haven't played any of the member games for a while. Interested in BDO...just had a couple of questions.

1) How 'busy' is Lux in the game? I.e. will there be people to party with?
2) I have read there is a bit of pay-to-win. Is that the case...or can you grind for what you need in a reasonable time frame?
3) How good is the game (subjective I know...just wanted some thoughts...)

And hi to all of the 'old' Luxers...still haven't forgotten our Vanguard raids !!!

Cheers - Para
"True trade is honest, but not merciful. Politics is dishonest, no matter how merciful ... and war is neither honest nor merciful ... therefore, choose trade above politics, but politics above war..." - anon
Paramon

I'm currently playing: Guild Wars 2

Re: Question about BDO

Postby Azizi » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:29 am

hey para,

to answer your questions:
1) lux is very active in bdo, we do 2-3 node wars +1practise all together per week and there is smaller groups of ppl for bosses, scrolls etc. Grind turned mostly into a solo-thing because if game mechanics but pvp you will never be alone

2) the pay to win thing exists but it is not that big of a deal tbh, you can achieve everything ingame without spending money but ther is some nice-to-have things that just make your life easier like pets that loot for you, inventory space etc

3)i like the game very much, its addictive. a few things that you might be interested in:
- there is no level cap, the grind to get to the high levels is strong
- the combat is very fast and sometimes you feel like playing piano while fighting, its super fun
- there is a lot (!) of pve content but no raids or dungeons like other mmos
- there is no classic end game, you always level make money and gear up, during that process you can join guild pvp aka there is no "my char is done now i reached highest level and gear"
- there is a lot of gambling, rng, luck in this game, you cant avoid it completly, for me that adds to the addictive factor but some ppl prolly hate it

hope that helped, if you have any more questions let us know!
Azizi
Lux Guild Veteran
Awards: 44
Loyalty (1) Loyalty I (1) Loyalty II (1) Officer (3) Leader (2) Support (1) Activity (1) Node War (27)
Training (7)

Main Character:
Azizi
Human (Female)
Sorceress (60)
I'm currently playing: Black Desert Online

Postby Gryph » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:34 am

1)We usually got lots of people online and we are doing wars and guild missions very often, you can usually find people to group up for scroll bosses in a reasonable timeframe, although currently there is almost no content in this game that really requires a party (except for PvP/Guild/Node Wars and 1/2 grinding spots which have better alternatives).

2)There is no pay to win as in you can get Items/Boosts that will directly make you stronger through real money, although theres a few pay for convenience items like pets which will loot for you (making your grinding a bit faster since you dont have to pick up yourself), Valuepacks (which work a bit like a monthly voluntary subscription which reduce the tax you have to pay when selling on the marketplace) as well as stuff like weight limit/inventory size increases. Most of these can also be purchased from other players on the market (not easy since many people try to buy them) or through the loyalty system, which gives you Loyalty points for every day you log in.
The most "Pay to win" aspect would probably be the ability to buy these items for real money and sell them for ingame money, although this is extremely expensive and very limited (You can only put 5 Real money items on the MP per week which could cost you maybe ~100€ per week, but the money you would get from that could easily be earned in a few days ingame).
Id say a new player nowadays can get to a fairly competitive level in 1-2 months, depending on playstyle. Theres an extra channel for new/returning players which gives you +100% or +200% experience for the first month and you get lots of good items/lots of money through several reward systems which allows you to level and gear up pretty quick in the beginning.

3) Kinda hard for me to say since this is the first MMO ive ever played, but so far i love it, having played it since launch a year ago :D
Gryph
Lux Guild Member
Awards: 21
Loyalty (1) Loyalty I (1) Support (1) Activity (1) Node War (16) Training (1)

Main Character:
Kanata
Human (Female)
Witch (60)

Postby Paramon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks you - appreciate the responses. Will probably give the game a go...

Who should I contact in game for an invite?

Cheers - Para
"True trade is honest, but not merciful. Politics is dishonest, no matter how merciful ... and war is neither honest nor merciful ... therefore, choose trade above politics, but politics above war..." - anon
Paramon

I'm currently playing: Guild Wars 2

Postby Gryph » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:27 pm

You should be able to use this thread i think:

bdo-recruitment/topic12934.html
Gryph
Lux Guild Member
Awards: 21
Loyalty (1) Loyalty I (1) Support (1) Activity (1) Node War (16) Training (1)

Main Character:
Kanata
Human (Female)
Witch (60)

Postby Yiddo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:12 am

Hiya Para, long time no see :)

AM in bdo myself too (in Lux's 2nd more casual guild) but its an awesome game. It has a lot of the elements from VG that we loved so much and looks so awesome. Hopefully we'll meet up in the guild in the future but good to see your still around :D
Buttercup: We'll never survive.
Westley: Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has

Yiddo
Lux Guild Elder
Awards: 2
Loyalty (1) Loyalty I (1)

Return to Black Desert Online