New Dawn developements

Moderators: DND Moderators

• Post Details
    Author

New Dawn developements

Postby Aydin » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Guys,

I was wondering how things are going in New Dawn? I haven't been able to log on for a while as I am currently travelling around South America.

Aydin
Aydin
Lux Guild Elder

Main Character:
Unspecified
(Male)
Unspecified
I'm currently playing: Darkfall: New Dawn

Re: New Dawn developements

Postby Maejohl » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:23 pm

Too much to post on here Aydin - you'll need to have a look in the devs' announcements forum and read :)

Some highlights:

- armour patch (and currently continuing balancing patches for it). Armours have been very much changed. Some love it. Some hate it. And the devs continue to work on it to try and find the balance they're after.

- harvesting patch (currently not in as was buggy but should come back in soon no doubt) mining nodes drop more the further they're away from NPC zap towers and any banks (including player holding banks). So Skull Island will be the best place for the harvesters amongst us :)

- GUI changes - minimal at the moment, although a major rework of the AV spell and skills bars, with a lot of options to cycle through spells, linking spells and skills to weapons etc. V indepth work done here and people generally really like it.

- Ingame map now shows all mobs and their drops

- Spawn scaling - huge change to the PvE meta. Spawns now increase in size and difficulty (and drops) for every new person who's engaged on the spawn (eg giving or taking damage). Makes clan harvesting events really worthwhile now.

- Engagement system linked to XP. You now only gain skill increases (spells, melee etc) doing PvE. And the higher a spawn's level (ie raised through spawn scaling) the more xp you get. It's also partly linked to the damage output you do, so you're encouraged to bring better gear to skill up faster.

No doubt more stuff that I've forgotten as I'm used to it :D
---
Darkfall: New Dawn - Leader
Maejohl
Lux Game Moderator
Awards: 1
Leader (1)
Divine Chest (1) Beer (11)

Main Character:
Unspecified
(Male)
Unspecified

Postby Aydin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Sounds great. I'll log on once I'm back in about a months time.
Aydin
Lux Guild Elder

Main Character:
Unspecified
(Male)
Unspecified
I'm currently playing: Darkfall: New Dawn

Postby Maejohl » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 am

Enjoy your travels - if you can upload pics for us to see, that'd be really interesting!
---
Darkfall: New Dawn - Leader
Maejohl
Lux Game Moderator
Awards: 1
Leader (1)
Divine Chest (1) Beer (11)

Main Character:
Unspecified
(Male)
Unspecified

Return to Darkfall New Dawn