Hi from Dubai

Moderators: Lux Admin Council

• Post Details
    Author

Hi from Dubai

Postby Adaro » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:21 am

So I've been running about posting all over the forum and not actually introduced myself yet.

I'm new, and on trial for ArcheAge membership. Been gaming since I was about 14 (in my 30's now), and found most of that time is spent in MMO's.
Although I tried EQ and UO, it was DAoC that really grabbed me, and to this day no other MMO has had such a positive affect on my gaming enjoyment.

I am hoping that AA, or if not, then Camelot Unchained will be the one to supersede DAoC. I've played lots of MMO's including mainly Aion, WAR, GW, WoW, and some others like Ryzon, RF online and many more that I never sustained.

I've done the whole 'elite group' thing to dominate PvP and these days I just like to play for fun rather than following FOTM builds and optimised groups.

I'm originally form the UK, moved to Dubai in 2013 with my wife who is Bulgarian. I work in IT, but dream of a new job like winning the lotto on a weekly basis, or being a photographer or working in animal conservation, all of which I have interest or hobbies in. Couple of my photo's here : http://clickraw.me/

I'm pretty much a dedicated player, put lots of time into my games. I am still active in SWTOR and part of a guild on an American server so do need to put some time in there to, but I should be online most nights. I'm fairly quiet on voicecoms, prefer to listen than talk (introvert that I am). I am on holiday for 12 days next month so won't be online while trekking through Nepal, apologise as this is during my trial time.

Regards,
Rob (Adaro)
Adaro
---

Re: Hi from Dubai

Postby Thunder » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:07 am

welcome :)
Thunder
Lux Guild Member
Awards: 9
Legend (4) Loyalty (3) Loyalty I (1)
Beer (1)

I'm currently playing: Darkfall: New Dawn

Postby Maejohl » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:08 am

Thanks for the introduction Adaro :) I'm not sure how you can consider yourself an introvert with a posting rate of 10 per day on these forums :lol:

Welcome, again, to Lux - and never worry (or apologise) for not being ingame due to real life taking precedence (trekking in Nepal - wow, amazing!). We're a guild with ages ranging from 18 to (I think it's nearly) 75 (*waves at Aurelle* :twisted: ), with many players having young families to look after and fit their gaming time around*.

Our next big game after ArcheAge (and we're probably talking 2 years away or so) is Star Citizen - a game that is very much worth checking out if you've not yet heard of it.

*Happily I'm not one of them :D
---
Maejohl
Lux Game Moderator
Awards: 49
Legend (4) Loyalty (3) Loyalty I (3) Loyalty II (1) Officer (6) Leader (20)
Divine Chest (1) Beer (11)

I'm currently playing: Darkfall: Unholy WarsStar CitizenRUST

Postby Thunder » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:10 am

Maejohl wrote:Thanks for the introduction Adaro :) I'm not sure how you can consider yourself an introvert with a posting rate of 10 per day on these forums :lol:
[/size]

Is that bad? :D I probably post way more than 10 replys per day lol (Unless i go inactive for a year that is)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thunder
Lux Guild Member
Awards: 9
Legend (4) Loyalty (3) Loyalty I (1)
Beer (1)

I'm currently playing: Darkfall: New Dawn

Postby Adaro » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks for the welcomes.

Haha, my post count will start dropping as soon as the game comes out. It's only because I'm catching up with all the great info existing members have been posting, plus I'm one of those who just finds it easier to communicate via text, hate the sound of my own voice.

Couple of friends are all crazy about Star Citizen, one has paid money in for some ship already I believe. But I hold no interest in flying stuff because I suck at such things; I suspect is a very big part to the game.
If I can build a new PC in time then EQ Next and CU are probably only things to distract me from AA.
Adaro
---

Postby Vorax » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:47 am

Welcome, i worked in Dubai for a little over a year. But that was back when it was mostly a giant construction site.
Vorax
Lux Guild Member
Awards: 6
Legend (2) Loyalty (2) Loyalty I (1)
Gold Chest (1)

I'm currently playing: Star Citizen

Postby Adaro » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:54 pm

Vorax wrote:Welcome, i worked in Dubai for a little over a year. But that was back when it was mostly a giant construction site.

Yeah it's a fast growing city. The plans they have between now and Expo 2020 is really impressive. Luckily the summer is over and Ramadan is gone so Dubai starts to come alive in the coming months
Adaro
---

Postby Vorax » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Is it still a nightmare to travel? Had times where foot travel was faster than a taxi. I worked on a dredger on several projects, sadly i did not have allot of time to spend in the city but every few weeks i had a weekend off but they where a blast. The summer where not fun tho, especially since i did most of my work in the engine room, fall to spring was great especially when it rained to hard for the sewers to handle and the highway has a meter of water on it:)
Vorax
Lux Guild Member
Awards: 6
Legend (2) Loyalty (2) Loyalty I (1)
Gold Chest (1)

I'm currently playing: Star Citizen

Postby Adaro » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Yeah so we arrived in September 2013 and when January came around everyone was saying "we've not had this much rain in years!"
The locals terrible drivers at the best of times, but during rain, and on roads with no drainage, they are just insane. Throw in there a sandstorm as well and it's just pure dangerous but thrilling :)

There are times the wife and I feel like we don't make the best use of Dubai. We are not the party types and don't drink much. It's ironic that the region is Muslim based yet there is so many classy pubs and bars good times with lots of party animals in places like Dubai Marina.

I imagine working on a dredger is some serious work! I'll stay comfortable in my aircon apartment. It's super lazy here, swimming pool, dry cleaners, hair cut massage place, cash machine, and a little store all in my apartment building. No wonder they have such health problems here.
Adaro
---

Return to Introductions