Heya from old member

Moderators: Lux Admin Council

• Post Details
    Author

Heya from old member

Postby Calas » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:48 pm

Hey Luxers,

Old member here came to take a look see what games Lux Arcana is currently participating. Been somewhat long time from online gaming. Played with Lux Arcana in Everquest II, Rift and Star Wars The Old Republic. Darn.. Miss the late nights in all games.

I have been pondering about giving Guild Wars 2 or Elder Scrolls Online a spin but I haven’t found enough dedicated time for MMO’s lately. From online games I have been only playing Path of Exile. PoE is a good game because you can jump in for 1 hours or even spend the whole night. But after too many failed characters in HC leagues.. It starts to taste bad. :evil:

There is two titles I have been recently watching; Tom Clancy's The Division and Albion Online. As I already saw the thread in forums, there is some Lux members in Albion Online beta. Reminds a bit Ultima Online, perhaps have to take closer look in the future. At least sounds interesting with full loot pvp and all the fun :shock:

Anyone can tell if Albion Online is okay for super-casual playstyle? Can you accomplish anything in hour or two?
And by the way anyone going to save New York in The Division? 8)

Cheers

Calas
Calas
Retired Member

Re: Heya from old member

Postby Belteyn » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:07 am

Hi Calas :)

Guild Wars 2 ond Elder Scrolls Online are definately our most active games right now, but we do have members playing other games, although many are waiting for various new titles due (hopefully) later this year. Personally I'm just about to give Black Desert Online a try, but other games I'm interested in are Crowfall, Star Citizen and Life is Feudal.

We did have some interest in Albion Online but it seems to have waned, but I'm sure someone else can update you.

Cheers
-------------------
Belteyn Mithra
[Guild Founder/Website Admin]
Small Business Website Design and Hosting
Belteyn
Lux Guild Founder
Awards: 50
Legend (4) Loyalty (4) Loyalty I (3) Loyalty II (1) Loyalty III (1) Moderator (2) Leader (30)
Royal Chest (1) Beer (4)

Postby Stilp » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:14 pm

There are a few playing the Albion beta, but most have stopped. The devs have pushed the release date back to August, which is a good move, but has caused most to lose interest for now. Also, I think it's a bit of a niche game - quite a few Lux members tried it & didn't get on with it unfortunately.

Also Albion does cater for the more 'dedicated' play style. It is possible to play more casually, but the way the progression system works, you would always be behind the curve. If you just focused on one thing, say combat, this wouldn't be too bad as you would always have enough learning points to speed up progression, but personally I think one of the joys of Albion is doing a little of everything (weirdly, I love the gathering!).

I don't think it will be a Lux game, but there will certainly be 4-5 of us there at release. I'll of course post here once we have a date to try & spur a little more interest again.
Stilp
Lux Guild Member
Awards: 5
Legend (1) Loyalty (2) Moderator (1)
Iron Chest (1)

I'm currently playing: Darkfall: New Dawn

Postby Calas » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Cheers Belt and Stilp for recap.

Will be lurking around to see what happens.
Calas
Retired Member

Return to Introductions